I took a huge leap last week and put in my two weeks notice. My supervisor and I had both been putting off the decision hoping my son’s health would improve and I would be able to return to work. The kid has made tremendous progress but still falls short of where he would need to be to be placed in a childcare center with other kids his age.
I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Keeping my job would have been my primary goal prior to having our son. Having a child didn’t change that significantly but there’s more to it than that. Now I have a child that REALLY needs me. It’s not a change of heart as much as it’s a change of circumstance. I didn’t know my son would have low muscle tone, a feeding tube, and feeding difficulties when we decided to have him. Now that I know, it simply doesn’t make sense to leave him unless there are no other alternatives.
That said, I’m still going to do things which will help me provide financial support to our family. I’ll continue blogging and I recently started on a new draft manuscript (more on that later). I have items available for purchase through my Facebook page, through this website, and through Gumroad. I just added the items through this website yesterday. I had them up before, but I found Gumroad to be more user-friendly than the solution I was using previously.
Once I make the final break from my job there will be more progress on my writing projects and, therefore, more information to tweet @ashleybergris. I’m also hoping to blog more than once a week but that might not happen right away. I look forward to communicating more with all of you about useful information, our son’s journey, and my writing projects.